Tuition is available from experienced tutors in:
- Scottish pipe band drumming
- Highland and Irish dancing
- No musical experience required
We charge no Tuition fees, however there are small annual and weekly fees to cover costs of venue hire
See Membership and fee information
Where and When?
Wednesday Evenings ACT School terms
Dancing from 5:30
Drums and Pipes 6.30pm
Band from 7.30pm
Venue: Church Hall on the corner next to the Canberra Irish Club in Weston
- A syllabus will be created and/or updated for piping and drumming.
- Each learner will be assigned one tutor who will provide minimum 10-15 minutes one to one tutoring per evening. Group work will also be available. Other arrangements will be made prior to band practice if a tutor cannot attend. Learners must inform the tutor, Pipe Major or Drum Sergeant if not attending.
- Lessons for learners will be conducted between 6:00 & 7:30.
- Tutors will be appointed by the Pipe Major and Drum Sergeant
- Each learner will bring an exercise book to be signed by the tutor.
- Learners will be expected to practice and attend 80% of all band practices each term.
- Each learner (or parents) will be advised of progress at the end of each term.
- From this term, learners will pay hall fees upfront for the full term - $30 youth, $40 adult
- Sticks, pads and practice chanters will be available for purchase (at no profit to the band) from the Pipe Major and Drum Sergeant
- Pipe Major, Drum Sergeant and Drum Major will assess each learner for ability to turn out with the band in uniform. This will be based on attendance, commitment to practice and skill.
- Pipe Major and Drum Sergeant will assess each players ability to turn out for competition.
- Standards will be advised in relation to piping and drumming before the assessment of learners. Generally this will be 4/4 & 3/4 sets.
- All learners should be aged 10 or over. Children under 10 may be assessed for learning but Pipe Band Dance school students will take preference.
- A child protection policy will be in place.
The Band is using an App as link for routine communications rather than this website - go to your APP store - search for TeamApp and install - then search for CCPBand - apply to join - select which teams you want to join - can access via website
What is on soon......
Final Practice for 2017 was 6/12/17 - next Band only practice and award night Wednesday Feb 7th 2018 @ 6pm, then Next full practice Wednesday 14th February 2018 from 5.00pm for learners / dancers;
National Multicultural Festival Saturday February 17th Children's March
4pm - check times
National Multicultural Festival Sun 18th February Stage
Band and ALL Dancers at Time: ?
Location: Stage 4, (corner Bunda and Mort Streets) - Pipers tune behind stage @ ? am : and Massed band @ ? pm
Scots College Bathurst Band Competition - 18 th February 2018
To be confirmed
Brigadoon - Saturday 7th April 2018 - March Earlier time 9:00am
41st Anniversary - save date - extra events
ANZAC Day - April 25 – Tuesday - Yass - 10:45 Parade .
Long Sleeve Shirts- tune up 10.00am
Canberra Celtic Dancing Competition
September 9th 2018
The New Kilted Van is rolling
Our Band Facebook Page
There is also a unlisted private Band Facebook page - please ask for invite to access
The Piobaireachd Society
Become a member to access downloads
Try Our Haggis Recipe
Exact proportions up to the cook - if in doubt add more Drambuie to recipe or your glass
Band practice is 98.7dB; recommended to reduce exposure to below 85dB - wear your hearing protectors!
The College of Piping
Monthly Radio show Podcast
Irish anthem played by the Army Band of Amhrán na bhFiann
Please use Youtube link https://youtu.be/e6JtBbgYMwY or access from Bands Facebook page or dropbox - the exercises are in pdf link - please ask if unable to access